Senior Process Engineer, Pyrolysis and Carbon Black
Seattle, WA 98112 US
Company: Sustainable Heat and Power Technology Company
Location: Greater Seattle Area
Salary: $120, 000 - $155, 000/year
- Relocation assistance
- Incentive stock options
- Retirement matching with 3% employer match
- Company paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance and AD&D
- Flexible spending
- Unlimited flexible time off
- 8 paid holidays
- Flexible working schedules
- Parental leave
- Annual professional development budget
- Employee assistance program
- Dog-friendly office, fully stocked breakroom and engaging company events, and friendly and fun team!
About the role: We are looking for a Senior Process Engineer with expertise in pyrolysis and carbon black to support scale up of our technology platform. You will use your expertise with high-temperature multi-phase separation processes to develop processes for solids handling on a continuous basis. You will report directly to the VP of Engineering, tackling critical process engineering challenges during the front-end engineering design phase for our scaled-up technology.
- Lead technology evaluation and down-selection for multiphase separation and solids handling & conveyance unit operations for scale-up purposes (experience with gas/solids separation systems is preferred)
- Source vendors, subject matter expert contractors/consultants, and suppliers
- Lead technical aspects of vendor and supplier interactions for scale up design trade-off studies and front-end engineering
- Provide technical guidance for the development and documentation of commissioning plans and SOPs for operations and maintenance of multiphase separation and solids handling process areas
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis and HAZOP exercises as owner of solids separation and handling process areas
- Provide technical support for development of internal process engineering design packages, and verify deliverables received from outside contractors (including PFDs, Heat & Mass Balances, P&IDs, and trade-off studies)
- 7+ years of professional experience
- 2-3 years of experience as a process engineer in the development of innovative industrial technology is preferred
- Experience with the carbon black industry and/or pyrolysis processes is considered a strong asset
- Experienced in the preparation of technical scope of work for RFP packages, and experience with client-EPC consultancy engagements (both client and EPC experience would be considered and asset)
- Experience with engineering project cost estimation standards
- Competency with process simulation tools (PROMAX, HYSYS, and/or ASPENPLUS) is a plus
- Strong experience in reading, defining, developing, and interpreting PFDs, Heat & Mass Balances, and P&IDs
- Experience with Process Hazard Analysis & HAZOP Studies
- Previous experience specifying & selecting process equipment, valves, & instrumentation, specifically for multiphase (gas/solid) separation
- The ability to strive in a collaborative, dynamic startup environment where we seek creative solutions
- Experience navigating the following codes & standards in previous projects is considered a strong asset:
- ASME B31.12
- ASME BPVC
- NFPA 497, 499, and 652
- We are a fast-growing company with a mission to decarbonize the planet.
- We have a strong team of engineers and scientists who are passionate about making a difference.
- We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including relocation assistance, stock options, and a generous vacation policy.
- We have a collaborative and supportive work environment where you can learn and grow.
- We are located in the greater Seattle area, which is a great place to live and work.
Meet Your Recruiter
Roy Evans is a record setting recruiter noted for consistently excelling and for the innovative systems he has developed. A well know industry trainer has anointed Roy as being in the top 5% of all recruiters worldwide both in terms of production and skill level.
Roy uses “RoyLentless” effort, world-class technology and great process to attract professionals with the drive, discipline and motivation to deliver extraordinary results for his clients.
LinkedIn has crowned Roy as someone who could write a book on using LinkedIn as one of its top 1% in recruiter users. Roy is LinkedIn Certified and a charter member of the Association of Talent Acquisition Professionals.
In his spare time, Roy is a college football fan who enjoys fishing, fitness and spending time with his wife and two children.