Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Seattle, WA 98112 US
We value our ability to move fast to outpace larger companies and achieve what they cannot.
Our technology has been designed to use millions of miles of gas pipelines to deliver clean hydrogen at the point of use.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer who is passionate about turning concepts into reality while iterating on existing solutions. You will do this by leading the development of chemical reactor system designs and configurations for new parts and assemblies that meet technical performance, reliability & safety, cost, and schedule specifications. Your goal is to optimize and iterate quickly to support the development and evolution of our cutting-edge energy technology.
3 Awesome reasons to work here:
Make a big impact on decarbonizing the economy and contributing to a green future
Work on cutting-edge technology with a well-funded startup
Rapid professional growth working with experts from diverse backgrounds.
As the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for developing system design while mentoring junior engineers collaborating on sub-assemblies.
- Design, evaluate, and analyze next-generation hydrogen generators
- Develop reactor systems, subsystems, and component specifications
- Create thermal-mechanical designs of devices and components from lab to pilot scale for high-temperature applications
- Perform first-order hand calculations and use FEA to model device and component performance, including steady-state and transient heat transfer and thermal-mechanical stress analysis, creep and fatigue studies, etc.
- Perform tolerance analysis as required to ensure intended assembly performance
- Lead development of device assembly strategies, methods, and associated processes and coordinate complex assembly builds
- Create CAD drawings/models and design sketches for components, subsystems, and assemblies
- Interface closely with multidisciplinary experimental and computational teammates to iterate on designs and test/validate models/designs
- Mentor junior mechanical engineers on design, drawing, and modeling studies
- 8+ years of thermal mechanical design engineering experience in an industrial and/or commercial environment
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics or related
- 3+ years of experience in the design and analysis of high-temperature chemical reactors or components
- Hands-on experience using CAD tools (SolidWorks preferred) in the creation of complex mechanical models, mechanical drawings, and assembly drawings
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with thermal-mechanical FEA using analysis tools such as ANSYS Workbench
- Familiarity with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and its application toward the creation of fabrication drawings for mechanical parts
- Experience with large-scale assemblies
- Hands-on experience with assembling mechanical systems
We offer competitive salary ($120 - $170K) plus a comprehensive total compensation package designed to support employees & their families and promote health & wellness, including competitive salary, stock options, retirement matching, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible time off, and more.
Meet Your Recruiter
Roy Evans is a record setting recruiter noted for consistently excelling and for the innovative systems he has developed. A well know industry trainer has anointed Roy as being in the top 5% of all recruiters worldwide both in terms of production and skill level.
Roy uses “RoyLentless” effort, world-class technology and great process to attract professionals with the drive, discipline and motivation to deliver extraordinary results for his clients.
LinkedIn has crowned Roy as someone who could write a book on using LinkedIn as one of its top 1% in recruiter users. Roy is LinkedIn Certified and a charter member of the Association of Talent Acquisition Professionals.
In his spare time, Roy is a college football fan who enjoys fishing, fitness and spending time with his wife and two children.