Product Design Engineer Combustion Systems
Auburn, WA 98001 US
Our newest product line is a range of Combustion Products, and we are searching for a Senior Product Design Engineer to own the engineering life-cycle. Using your experience in Product Ownership, you will work with customers, sales, manufacturing, and engineering to be the Technical Lead and own the product from design through manufacturing and customer experience.
We will help the right person relocate to our facilities 20 minutes south of Seattle, WA.
Overview and Focus of the Position
The Senior Product Engineer is the Product Technical Lead for the Combustion Products and owns the product lines from design thru customer experience.
The Senior Product Engineer is responsible for the design and development of new products that meet all required performance, cost, and schedule specifications. The Senior Product Engineer also oversees product maintenance, and performance testing activities for catalog products.
This position shall be skillful in collaboration, delegation, and leverage all company resources towards Combustion Products objectives.
- Develop thermal- and electro-mechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; and soliciting observations from assemblers.
- Perform engineering calculations and analyses to predict component/subsystem performance.
- Create and maintain all revision-controlled engineering documentation (for example, drawings and bills of materials) related to assembly, inspection, quality and safety.
- Develop and codify the design rules for thermal- and electro-mechanical products by initiating and conducting engineering and design programs.
- Assure product quality by designing testing methods, verifying finished product capabilities, specifying inspection criteria, and establishing fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Perform daily product " walk throughs" to ensure smooth production operation and to pro-actively identify and resolve engineering issues.
- Mentor other team members and help improve their skills required to develop thermal- and electro-mechanical products.
- Lead and provide in-house and external technical and application support.
- BS in mechanical engineering with more than 6 years of experience in an industrial product engineering field.
- Experience with the application of heat transfer, thermo-mechanical, hydraulic, combustion, and basic electrical engineering methods.
- Demonstrable experience owning a product from design through customer experience.
- Experience with hands-on troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Experience communicating across all levels of the organization, including presenting, and participating in various meetings, for example technical and project design reviews.
- Strong technical writing skills, including proofreading and editing.
This is an immediate need and if you have the engineering chops and understand the responsibilities involved in owning the technical specifications of products, we would like to speak with you right away.
Meet Your Recruiter
VP of Recruiting
Roy Evans is a record setting recruiter noted for consistently excelling and for the innovative systems he has developed. A well know industry trainer has anointed Roy as being in the top 5% of all recruiters worldwide both in terms of production and skill level.
Roy uses “RoyLentless” effort, world-class technology and great process to attract professionals with the drive, discipline and motivation to deliver extraordinary results for his clients.
LinkedIn has crowned Roy as someone who could write a book on using LinkedIn as one of its top 1% in recruiter users. Roy is LinkedIn Certified and a charter member of the Association of Talent Acquisition Professionals.
In his spare time, Roy is a college football fan who enjoys fishing, fitness and spending time with his wife and two children.