Solids Handling Process Engineer
Seattle, WA 98112 US
We value our ability to move fast to outpace larger companies and achieve what they cannot.
As we transition from a science focused company to one that is developing commercial products, you will be responsible for Designing and collaborating on equipment to separate solid carbons from hydrogen gas. You will work on designing and procuring equipment for our Pilot Plant and later commercial scale design.
3 Awesome reasons to work here:
- Top Funding from prominent investors and partners
- Help develop clean, renewable fuel technologies
- Top benefits and options as we move to commercialization
- Experience specifying, designing, and operating safe and reliable powder/dust handling equipment in a continuous chemical process.
- Strong technical understanding of different gas/solid separation processes (cyclones, settling tanks, valves, filters, ESP etc.)
- Strong knowledge of material and powder properties as they relate to solids handling.
- Experience sizing solids transport equipment and storage vessels.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of particle fluidization, settling, and gas/solid mixing principles.
- Familiarity with the major vendors, engineering firms, and suppliers in the solids processing industry including filters, compactors, conveyors.
- Mechanical design skills (CAD, Solidworks, or similar).
- Bachelors or Master’ s Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, or similar.
- 3+ years of experience in a commercial work environment.
We' d be really excited if you have some of these additional skills and experiences:
- Familiarity with two phase (gas/solid) modeling
- Experience design systems to handle or process carbon black
- Process-related functioning of dry bulk solids plants (functional sequence, interlocks, safety technology, Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), etc.
- Familiarity with statistical experiment design and process control
In addition to a highly competitive salary ($110K - $150K) and a generous benefits package including 100% funded insurance, you will also be granted early-stage internal equity. Your hard work will also qualify you for a Flexible working schedule and Flexible time-off.
Key deadlines and milestones await your contributions. So, if you are a Process Engineer or Design Engineer with a background in Solids Handling, please apply today.
Meet Your Recruiter
Roy Evans is a record setting recruiter noted for consistently excelling and for the innovative systems he has developed. A well know industry trainer has anointed Roy as being in the top 5% of all recruiters worldwide both in terms of production and skill level.
Roy uses “RoyLentless” effort, world-class technology and great process to attract professionals with the drive, discipline and motivation to deliver extraordinary results for his clients.
LinkedIn has crowned Roy as someone who could write a book on using LinkedIn as one of its top 1% in recruiter users. Roy is LinkedIn Certified and a charter member of the Association of Talent Acquisition Professionals.
In his spare time, Roy is a college football fan who enjoys fishing, fitness and spending time with his wife and two children.